cargo inventory editing?

More
18 years 9 months ago #18489 by Palp
I was thinknig of playing through this great game again but doesnt really feel like doing all the pirating..so I want to cheat a little and be able to buy anything on the trading screen. I guess I use pog scripting thingy for this somehow..but how? :)...hmm ipowerup.h in the include folder seems..interesting.....or maybe there is someone who have done a mod for this? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13426 by psyborg
Replied by psyborg on topic cargo inventory editing?
Try Future Trader mod...with that you can dock at stations and buy/sell things.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13427 by Second Chance
The ipowerup.h file is a package header file. Altering it will probably crash your game. Modding for EoC is fairly easy. Why don't you start by asking around in the mods forum. You can also download the rough first chapter draft of my EoC modding book here:

americanodysseymagazine.com/john ... aft-R1.pdf

It's very short and only covers the basics of beginning with mods, but it'll get you started.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 9 months ago #13429 by Palp
Replied by Palp on topic cargo inventory editing?
Thanks,that does look quite helpfull. *scratches head and starts experimenting*

More
18 years 9 months ago #13430 by Second Chance
Actually, sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. Header files won't affect your game. A messed up header file will cause any Pog packages you compile yourself using the Pog compiler to be damaged, or not compile at all.

If you intend to learn Pog, some basic knowledge of basic programming will be in order. Which is fairly easy. There are literally a million tutorials on the web about coding. But learning Pog without understanding basic programming concepts will be much harder.

Pog is somewhat similar to C++, so I would start there. Just the basics should be fine.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 9 months ago #13437 by Palp
Replied by Palp on topic cargo inventory editing?
I see. mm its just that part of the code in that file looked very interesting..something about giving cargo to player..wich is all I really want to do here...perhapps save game editing is possible too?