I need a high-res beauty shot

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #19389 by schmatzler
I'm tired of the completely black background on this website.

It would be cool to have an actual beauty shot of I-War 2 on the left and right side of the webpage :)

Maybe I could add a little transparency, too - so this website looks a bit more 2015.

The problem is: My screens highest resolution is 1360x768 :( Can someone do a nice beauty shot, preferably in 1920x1080 or higher?

There is a mod for this here:

www.i-war2.com/downloads/download/14-ass.../121-sc_beauty_shots

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #19406 by Chessking
I have over one hundred screenshots, but all of them are 800 x 600 pixels.However, Maxx's creation in the 3D artwork discussion is 1920 x 837 pixels. Perhaps he can make a custom background after he builds a few more ships.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #19407 by Chessking
I just noticed that the original version of the Base Ambient II image is 1087 x 734 pixels.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #19412 by schmatzler
Oh right! That would be perfect to have.

I will ask the author if I'm allowed to use this.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #19425 by schmatzler
I've decided to go with another image for the facelift:

"Auros" by Davide Bettio

The image comes with kde-wallpapers . The original resolution is 5408x3464, so we should be good with most screens for the next few years.

I think it fits the mood of the game and website very well. If you do or don't like it, leave a comment ;-)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #19436 by Chessking
Awesome! I like the new look! I was getting tired of the black background o. It also helps to have the starmap image n top, rather than the fanfictions image.

Storm Petrel