Targeting missiles

More
21 years 11 months ago #17397 by Ciberputa
Targeting missiles was created by Ciberputa
Is there any way to target incoming missiles?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1966 by SlipStream
Replied by SlipStream on topic Targeting missiles
Not to my knowledge. However, the point defence turret is sposed to target and track missles to shoot at them. So, maybe the ai can target missles. Why might you ask?

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?

More
21 years 11 months ago #1973 by Ciberputa
Replied by Ciberputa on topic Targeting missiles
Because I can't avoid missiles using the steps and I don't know any other way to avoid it. I have Fighter Turret, but they does not destroy incoming missiles

More
21 years 11 months ago #1974 by Void_00
Replied by Void_00 on topic Targeting missiles
ive never been able to target missles, and i have never really noticed if the Point Defense Turret does anything, but i do know that you can shoot down missles. u just have to be a really good shot. Note that this is why its a bad idea to shoot missles head to head with straight approaches, shots aimed for you kill your missles on the way.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1981 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Targeting missiles
The best way to avoid missiles is to you use your side thrusters in conjunction with your forward and aft thrust. Missiles are not good at 90 degree turns. If you're just weaving and diving you're easy meat as your movements (due to the newtonian physics) are smooth.

Even better; get used to flying in unassisted mode, you can turn on your axis and change direction more efficiently.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1983 by SlipStream
Replied by SlipStream on topic Targeting missiles
Yep. My throtle sees much disuse in this game.

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?