Check This Out

More
21 years 8 months ago #2537 by bones_of_the_many
Replied by bones_of_the_many on topic Check This Out
well a couple of problems...first of all i dont really remember how i did it, and second its just a pic...thats not a 3d model, merely a picture.

lets see...if i remember correctly the first thing i did (using Photoshop 5.0) was:

1. create a new layer so i wouldnt hurt the original copy.
2. Use the bucket option to fill the whole pic with yellow (good luck)
3. use the lasso tool to create every little strip of black (NOTE: use the bucket tool to fill in the stripes, and as for the
opacity or the amount of paint you drop in every time you click make sure its under 20% so you can still see the original design on the bottom)
4. remember to stop and create new layer every once in a while so you dont mess up anything youve already done
5. enjoy

there...its not that informative, but i tried.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2540 by bones_of_the_many
community.webshots.com/photo/480 ... 6476ETXHAe

this is actually my first one....as you can see i really needed practice..

im gonna only post my new paintjobs here...where people actually APPRECIATE them.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2556 by bones_of_the_many
got a new one....instead of making a new topic ill just continue posting them here. so i guess that means check back at this thread often for new ones

community.webshots.com/photo/429 ... 6599qJpIoe

i once saw another ship from the original IWar, well a screenshot at least, i think they called it the "Phoenix" Patcom...as a matter of fact i might have that pic already in one of the other galleries.

anyways...what do you think (out of 10 what do you give it?)

More
21 years 8 months ago #2557 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Check This Out
The White Fire's OK, but I'd give it 5/10. Maybe it's just the screenshot but it doesn't have much depth. I give the Banshee 7/10 and the Banshee Yellow 8/10, it's the best one so far.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2559 by bones_of_the_many
ok, sounds fair....you know its a lot harder than i thought. making theese designs i mean. does anyone have any deas on what else to do (cause im kinda running out already.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2560 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Check This Out
You could try experimenting with the actual skins and see if you can build an actual flying model. There's a tutorial on how to edit the skins plus the graphical tool kit with example. It'd be nice to see the Banshee Yellow version as usable ship.