Manual L-jumps

More
21 years 7 months ago #17571 by gadget421
Manual L-jumps was created by gadget421
I must be an idiot.
I'm in free form after 3 weeks beating the game and now I just can't seem to get the manual jumping to work. I think I'm doing it right(if I were it would work right?) I select the liberity l-point in location finder+ and autopilot out there then clear waypoints in location finder, target the liberity l-point,bring up the starmap in nav and select the Remek l-point,backspace out of the starmap and fly through from blue to red at the speed limit 250ms. I have tried with Remek selected in target list and with liberity selected.
But nada no bright light no jump. dodge the gunstar (why did they put in the way?) and fly around for another try. I guys in station control must be ROTL by now. I suspect they will either blow me up or send a repair crew out to see what the problem is and then shoot when the find out how stupid really I am.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #3051 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Manual L-jumps
Select the L-Point you are jumping from in the Starmap and push the up arrow to select the "Destination" button, then push right or left until the destination you desire is selected and press the fire button and exit the starmap. You should see 'Travelling via x' in the lower left corner of the screen, where 'x' is the L-Point you're jumping from. After that, all you have to do is fly through the L-Point.

More
21 years 7 months ago #3056 by gadget421
Replied by gadget421 on topic Manual L-jumps
Thank You so much for the help. Now the station guys are watching me jump in and out of the system!! Do you think they could have made the starmap any more confussing? I started using the location finder mod the second day playing so I never got the hang of using the nav functions.

More
21 years 7 months ago #3058 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Manual L-jumps

Thank You so much for the help. Now the station guys are watching me jump in and out of the system!! Do you think they could have made the starmap any more confussing? I started using the location finder mod the second day playing so I never got the hang of using the nav functions.

The Location Finder package didn't come out until many months after the game was released so I was forced to get used to the Starmap. It's not that bad, but it is too console-ish, along with the command menu. If it had a powerful variable zoom it would've been much better, being forced to scroll left or right through each selection because you were either zoomed too far in or too far out is a real pain.