Problems with Dagda

More
20 years 7 months ago #17826 by Shiva Archon
Hey, I was hoping somebody here would be able to help me with this little problem.

I can't leave the Dagda system! Whenever I try to use an L-point to leave Dagda, the game slows to an absolute crawl while I'm still in capsule space. Even after I leave capsule space the game crawls and I'm forced to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the game. Anyone else had this problem before?

I'm on a P4 2.25 GHz running WinXP with 512 MB RAM. I dont have this problem with any other systems...what's going on here?

On an unrelated note...what do Active Sensors do besides make my ship less stealthy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 7 months ago #7175 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Problems with Dagda
Hi Archon.

As far as the Dagda System: Is your game patched? Are any mods running?

Active Sensors: I believe the manual states they assist your aim in combat. As far as I can see, that's not true. All they do is increse the range at which you can ID objects (so, for instance, if a ship normally has to get within 50 km before you can see it's name on the HUD, with active sensors you can see it's name at 75 km, or 100 km, etc.).

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 7 months ago #7176 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Problems with Dagda
Try the latest patch,

www.independencewar.com/download ... atch_2.htm

The changelist mentions something about the backdoor L-point in this mission.

On the active sensors, like a few other upgrades the improvement is minor enough that I cant tell for sure what it is. Apparently it raises your sensors range, but makes you less stealthy. Neither effect is noticible in general play, and all the situations where it really matters, you want to be as stealthy as possible.

More
20 years 7 months ago #7177 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Problems with Dagda
I Also encountered this problem and simply rebooted my system and everything went fine

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 7 months ago #7181 by Andur
Replied by Andur on topic Problems with Dagda

Originally posted by andrewas
and all the situations where it really matters, you want to be as stealthy as possible.

Wrong. Stealth isn't implemented in EoC for the most part: just keep outside of the 15, 10 or 5km sphere range and you'll be fine.

I actually reduced power output and drifted to objectives with only a single dot of signature and it didn't matter at all. Jeez, my rem-linked craft couldn't target myself, and I had to guide myself by the stars and planets to return to sensor range!

Even when I KNEW stealth didn't matter, I still did it, because it's really atmospheric to drift with the reactor and everything shut down until the very last moment.

So: active sensors increase detection range, and they don't hurt, so yes, equip them.