How do I start smoke screen mission?

More
22 years 1 month ago #17313 by Goldmouse
Hi,
I managed to complete the whole game so far without needing help (a major miracle I think) but I cannot get this stupid mission to start. The email says that Hoffer will meet me immediately and then I launch an he isnt there. I went an attacked the base anyway and killed Maas ships by the hundreds including a cruiser but I never officially started the mission. Please help because this is driving me insane!

Thanx,
Goldmouse

Edited by - goldmouse on 28 Mar 2002 04:03:42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 month ago #1129 by Guerrilla Warfare
The answer to this is very simple really, took me a while to realize what's going on too. Once you get out of your base, you'll see Frankie's destroyer. Get close to him and he'll tell you what to do.

--
Viva la revolucion!

Edited by - Guerrilla Warfare on 28 Mar 2002 04:18:13

More
22 years 1 month ago #1130 by Goldmouse
Its not that simple... he isn't even there! how do I get him to appear?

More
22 years 1 month ago #1131 by Guerrilla Warfare
Official walkthrough:

2) Outside the base will be Frankie Hoffer waiting with a fleet of vessels. Approaching Hoffer will cause him to give you control of the fleet.

3) A cut scene will then transport you to the Ishime System and stop them near Ozaki MAAS Cluster Central HQ (around the planet Ozaki.) Your IFFs will then be set to Maas allegiance.

What can I say? I dunno much about missions and what's up with them, wait for soupdragon :D. Or load a previous save if you have it or something and try again.

More
22 years 1 month ago #1166 by Goldmouse
Did ANYONE have my problem? This is SO frustrating because I am realy close the end of the game and I cant start this mision! Please Help!

More
22 years 1 month ago #1171 by SoupDragon
I don't think Hoffer is outside the station. There should be a waypoint for the MCA Navy Fleet. Hoffer is waitng for you there.

1) Your base from now on is in Formalhaut. You will receive a message explaining the situation there. Leave the base after having read it.
2) Franklyn Hoffer will wait close by for you with a fleet. When you contact him, he will hand you the command of the fleet and all your IFFS will adopt the codes of Maas.
3) You must then head for the Ozaki Maas Cluster Central HQ in Ishime.
4) There, you will encounter friends and enemies. Attack the enemies.
5) Once the enemies are detroyed or running, the rest of the mission will be played as dialogue