Is There........???

More
20 years 6 months ago #17841 by They_HunGer
hey... is there any mod that features "massive battles" and overwhelming number of ships??... can anybody make them?(if u choose)
[8D][8D][8D][8)]

There's only One oF us GetTing out HeRe aNd it w0nt be mE

~C.C. Rocks~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 6 months ago #7441 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
i personally think its more fun to tackle few units with more realistic and higher tech. But having capclass ships launch the odd fighter is always a good thing IMO

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 6 months ago #7445 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Is There........???
Massive fleets slow the framerates down, so they're something modders approach with caution. I don't know of any mod which scripts a mission which has more ships than the Dante's Inferno mission in EoC. (My system slowed down on that one from time to time.)

Right now, the Sandbox Test Utility is probably the closest thing you'll find for that. It's on the Epic Filecenter page. Install the mod (read the read me file!) and you can create skimishes and tailor the size/composition of both your side and the enemy side.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 6 months ago #7484 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Is There........???
Shane: can u stop talking bout Epic... because everytime i hear that word it makes me go insane and go install again the EoC game over and over and over...

Cant wait for EPIC!!

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 6 months ago #7487 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Is There........???

Originally posted by They_HunGer

hey... is there any mod that features "massive battles" and overwhelming number of ships??... can anybody make them?(if u choose)
[8D][8D][8D][8)]

There are 2 scripts for "overwhelming battles" called "Military Academy" and "Military Academy hard" in the What Rocks Mod v2.

You start with two enemies (per player) that take off from the "Academy" and attack you relentlessly. If you are shot down, you will re-spawn, but you get 2 additional enemies every time you do respawn. Additionally every 2 minutes a new pair of enemies launch from the Academy base. That way you can have up to 12 enemies (it's limited to 12 due to frame rate issues).
You also have an Objective: Destroy the base from which the enemies launch. Once the base is destroyed no more enemies will launch and you've won the game.
It's nearly impossible to win single handedly if you play the "hard" version, but great fun. It's even more fun if you join up with some one else and play together strategically against the Academy base (then it becomes a co-op version of "instant action").
You have different ships to choose from: Ranging from Storm Petrel to Destroyer.

You can play those multiplayer scripts without being online under certain slightly complicated conditions so if you're interested let me know and I'll be happy to explain how.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8772 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic Is There........???
Sorry for the VERY VERY long reply.... by the way im interested in this conditions your were saying...

~C.C. Rocks~