loadout screen

More
20 years 4 months ago #17871 by ulrik
loadout screen was created by ulrik
In the loadout screen, I want to see all the shiny weapons loaded onto the ship, and where on the ship they're mounted. Instead of the current solution, it all being in text.

Since it seems to be possible to mod a lot of aspects of this game I wondered if there is any mod aiming towards this particular issue. I can't be the only one enjoying the sight of big shiny objects right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8221 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic loadout screen
Hi Ulrik and welcome to the board.

As far as I know there is no mod available machting your needs.
Wait for one of the experts on this board, he'll tell you if it's possible to create one.
Maybe you should at least design a schematic concept of your weapon loadout screen and promote it on the board?

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 3 months ago #8224 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic loadout screen
Theoretically it would be possible to overlay or replace the backgrounds currently in use with a shot of the ship and the selected weapon. Scripting the GUI to show where a weapon is to be, (or can be) mounted would be quite a challange, because you would have to make a visualization of the complete set of rules in the loadout code.

Practically, however, we don't have any shiny objects to show. AFAIK, there are no 3D, or even 2D, representations (pictures, avatars or the like) of all the different weapons. Someone would have to make those models first in a format the game can display.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8231 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic loadout screen
EricMan did build a loadout system for Ultimate Freeform. So the underlying mechanics can work. It is really a question of someone writing the GUI (and doing all the art). Flamineo was also building one, but he has been quiet for a few months. I should send over and find out what he is doing these days.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 3 months ago #8237 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic loadout screen
Instead of going for a fully blown 3d spendacular view of what your ship looks like with the weapons, how about a 'yellow 2D view'. Like a schematic of the ship done in the same way the buttons, etc are done. One from the front, one from the side, one from the top, With a yellow glow/highlight on the weapons in question

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 3 months ago #8260 by ulrik
Replied by ulrik on topic loadout screen
Thank you for your answers and suggestions.

Thing is, I’m not any good at either programming or graphics, I just love to play. I do however have a friend that’s at least decent and I’m trying to persuade him to help me some.

A yellow 2D view would work great. Just being able to see anything of all the lot your stealing and cool ships your flying would be great.

Is there any artwork of the ships in 2D that could be used? Weapons Ok, but ships seems more common – interest.

Thanks for the tip on Flamineo, I’ll try to get a hold of him.