Ultimate Freeform

More
20 years 2 months ago #17959 by The Old Guy
I-War 2 is the best space game I have ever played and I’ve played quite a few. Privateer was my favorite before. I actually won I-War 2 without any extras or cheats the first time, but it took me about three months. I loaded most of the mods and have played Freeform mod for a quite a while. But after you steal a dozen cruisers and a couple of dozen corvettes, then wipe out all the Maas bases there is really not too much left to do. Your so rich that stealing more cargo just doesn’t make sense anymore.

I loaded Ultimate Freeform. This is a good game if you like going broke and starting over a lot. After 13 hours of play I have only mined 5 ore chunks. Seems like one in about eight asteroids with “ore found!� actually have “ore chunks� in them. If the long range scanners say “rich� you know you have to be rich to go there because there is no ore. And one in three missiles you fire backs up and blows up your ship.

Guess I’ll have to learn how to write my own mods.

At 57, I’m the Old Guy

Remember: Reality is for people that just can’t seem to face Science Fiction.

Reality is for people that just can't seem to face Science Fiction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9097 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Ultimate Freeform
Sorry for not responding before, but I was on vacation last week.

Some people are just chronically unlucky when trying to start the mod. The average person playing the mod seems to take only one or two restarts before they get they are fully familiar with how to best spend the money. After that, the game gets pretty easy. Also, there are those who are just plain lucky and manage to have every single upgrade in a few hours. My point is that I suggest you just stick with it a bit longer; your luck is bound to improve soon.

And if you're serious in learning to write your own mods, I as well as many here at the forums will be glad to help you out. We're always happy to welcome more into the EoC modding community.

BTW, this is the 3D moddeling forum. Since my mod doesn't contain any new models, the 'Mods and POG Scripting' forum would be the proper location.;)

More
20 years 2 months ago #9112 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Ultimate Freeform
Now moved.