can Pog see which weapon is selected ?

More
20 years 1 month ago #17994 by MajorTom
IIRC pog cannot identify which weapon is currently selected?
(if that's not the case please refresh my memory how to do this) :D

Does anyone have a clue how to read the string that is displayed in the "icHUDWeapons" box in the hud with pog? Or, is that also impossible? (that string is the localised name of the selected weapon as given in player_systems.csv)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9300 by GrandpaTrout
I have never found a way to do it. I really, really wanted to know what weapon was selected when the player fired. So I could mod in new weapon effects. But never did find a way. The closest thing I figured out was to make the unique weapon fire a unique project type (T_Waldo in my case) then write a fast pog loop to spot the projectile and start the effect.

I guess that was a long winded way of saying - no. But if you are trying to do something specific, perhaps some sideways way can be invented.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 1 month ago #9301 by MajorTom
Thanks GTrout :)

Yeah, I was trying to do the same thing: make a pogged disruptor PBC.

Since you can grab the Hud element "icHUDWeapons" and flash it on the hud and there also seems to be an option to hide that element, I'd hoped to be able to access the localised string in it.

Funny, there is no iHud.pkg, just a .dll. I wonder why?

More
20 years 1 month ago #9303 by GrandpaTrout
I remember Steve saying something like "the engine programmers didn't want us messing with the HUD" but more politely.

I wish bolts had an attached deathscript, like ships. Then when they hit you could override what happens. Perhaps they do - actually, I have never tried it. But I don't know how to get the script attached without the fast pog loop anyway - so there it is. While wishing for things - I guess I would like a trip around the world!

-Gtrout

More
20 years 1 month ago #9304 by MajorTom
I've found a very diagonal way of doing it :D[^]

Basically I'm using a keybind to "recharge" an ammo based weapon that only has one bullet. "recharge" returns the eRearmSuccess of
iLoadout.RearmFromThirdParty( player, 1 )

If eRearmSuccess returns 'RS_CompleteRefit' the players icSlugthrower weapon has been fired.
(if it returns 'RS_RefitUnnecessary' the player obviously hasn't fired the gun)

Inside that query, iShip.LastFireTarget( player ); is the target_ship and if the target ship returns the player as LastAttacker then the player has obviously hit him, so the target_ship gets disrupted. [}:)]

It's really an uber Kludge but it works if the player ship has no missiles and no other ammo based weapons.
Thats ok in the MP environment where we have special purpose ships (and they're prefitted anyhow). A keybind to "recharge" the weapon reduces the load on the server so it doesn't have to monitor constantly.

For SP I dunno? Obviously you wouldn't need a keybind, you could run a loop. You'd still have to find a way to exempt the missile launchers and other weapons from being re-armed though (temporarily remove them with Flamineo's damage mod?)

More
20 years 1 month ago #9306 by Qi Qi
I feel you can try to alter the original disrupt weapon. For example, you can copy the original, and replace it with another avater or edit some details in ini file. By this way, to make another alternative disrupt that meet your will.

Life is half spent before we know what it is...

Life is half spent before we know what it is...