HUD manipulation

More
19 years 11 months ago #18079 by Second Chance
The flux.ini identifies the elements in the HUD. Is there any known way of manipulating these elements beyond simply flashing them? Is it possible to create new HUD elements? I thought I'd heard that that wasn't possible.

How about access to the actual list that makes up the contact list? I saw that you can sort lists based on sim properties, and I'd like to sort the contact list based on a property rather than distance.

If none of that will work, how about coding a completely new HUD with pog? It looks like you can remove existing HUD elements (or all of them) by deleting them from flux.ini (or maybe you can't, I don't know if flux will write them back in), is there a way to add new windows into into the HUD screen class itself? I'm talking about the tactical HUD, not the other parts (like TRI or Nav) which are apparently overlays.

I've seen the nice score screen MajorTom added to the HUD, but that looks like it's basically text info constantly re-displayed at the prompt. If it's a seperate element, that can be positioned anywhere on the screen, then that's just what I'm after. Well, one thing anyway :D.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9993 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic HUD manipulation
You can make some hud elements dynamically inoperable for the player, but we don't have a complete list of the "menue nodes" avaliable.

The score screen uses the IHud.Print command.
There is also a IHud.SetPrompt command that displays in another Hud window. In that case you have to empty the prompt via an empty string which makes it a bit more complicated to use.

Flamineo did some ground breaking work on contact filtering in a mod he did and also offers new and different hud icons in the system damage mod he made.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #9995 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic HUD manipulation
Thanks MajorTom. Do you know what the name of Flamineo's mod is? If he was able to do any work at all on the contact list it sounds like he might have some of the info I need.

Yeah, unfortunately I kind of figured the score screen was merely printed using the print command (so no way to control location, size, etc.). I did confuse this with the HUD prompt window, but either way, still no control over location. And you can only have one window at a time.

Do we know of any "hidden" or undocumented HUD functions?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4