Elite: AiSoB (was realism mod)

More
19 years 10 months ago #18109 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
This is a short discription of the mod in its current status.

Ok, my objective was to make the game fun, fair and realistic.

Here is a rough description of what one might find.

Player systems and Computer controlled systems are now very equal in capabilties.

Compter AI ships , esp the more expensive ones, have alot more weaponry at their disposial.

Doing tricks like REM'ing a convoy from 50 km out...sometimes works. Sometimes it doesnt.

Ships will now chase you in different ways, according to their capabilties.

Captial ships are now to be feared. No really. Run.

But it is not all bad news! The player's weapon systems have now been edited so that they fave more distinct strengths as weaknesses.
E.g. Cutting beams have now been made useable by an enhanced range (yes you can relive that classic moment when cals dad cuts a large corperate interceptor with a mineing laser)

A few weapons have had a total revamp. E.g. Pulsar missiles are now these chaotic sometimes do nothing, sometimes fully disrupt for 5 min, sometimes utterly destroy, somtimes blow your own ship up, kind of weapon with a sweet new graphical affect.

The game is *alot* more polished. Sub targeted systems are now properly labeled.

I am hoping to combine my favorite mods which i used and assumed existed when balencing the mod.

E.g. , mouse and key board control (my version, alot more functionality and controls)
Location finder
Contact Filter
Large Corp interceptor fix
and a few others.

Basically, i have been busy away in the background making IW2 what it should of been.

Fair, unforgiving and when you finally go out with your top-of-the-range ship with every weaponsystem and program etc etc that you have always wanted. Whoa! You WILL feel good. After all, it will take you many many hours of gaming to get there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10220 by Second Chance
Hey, my Large Corp Interceptor Fix is in there. Yea me!

Sounds like a good mod Hemp Monkey, good luck. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10230 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
I just realised my description of my mod above sounds so....friendly >8D

Seriosuly, if you have been playing this game without the ELITE patch...you are going to be in for a shock.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 10 months ago #10253 by Demiurgo
Sounds scary... Wanna test it :)

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran

More
19 years 10 months ago #10255 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
oo, you are a I-War Veteran. Get on msn, i want to make the 'old' style patcoms and corvettes as realistic as possaible.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 10 months ago #10262 by Demiurgo
What do you mean? You need some help or my opinion?

Actually i never connect to MSN 'cause of some "problems" and some "unagreetments" i have with the policy of Hotmail and Microsoft and theis security systems, so if you are able to connect to IRC whe could make a date in a specific server and chanel.

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran

Edge Of Chaos rookie
I-War veteran