Elite: AiSoB (was realism mod)

More
19 years 9 months ago #10791 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Right then, ill be on ventrilo more often.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11039 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Right, A little bit of an update. I have roughly doubled the number of nps.ini systems to make the AI more closely resemble the Player. I have also discovered that because some of the mod inculdes changes to the FLUX.ini file and has *so* many changes across the board....bascially This mod is going to have to become an EXE that runs like a patch on an already 14.6 patched Fresh (no mods already there) version of EoC. It is really going to be a 'community patch' because i have taken so many elements from other people (Your going to *Love* the heavy corvette in instant action).

So many things have been changed, some subtle, some very drastic. But they have all followed the general trend of 'realism' and 'accuracy with reguards to the encyclopeida', although i will have to update it with certain details.
For example, Antimater missiles now go launch...go into LDS...and then a few seconds later cause detonate on the target, making them much more useful than before, and also making them resemble what the description within the encylcopedia (oh my its just...just *cool*).

However, i am getting to the point where my lack of skills is being a serious hinderence. Firstly i have absolutly *no* idea how to create an EXE that would do the desired 'patching' affect.
I also need quite a few modifications to LWS files to patch up undersired problems in the AI and human ships.
I also need a new ship to be created.

Basically guys, when you are finished with EoC Star wars, i *will* need all of your helps to do this project. I want it to be *the* download for EoC Gaming. If one wants Babylon five based stuff, or star wars, or Dogs of war, one would go somewhere else. But if one wants to experience the game As it Should of Been, then this is is the patch/mod to get. I have a tendiency for obsessive behaviour, and although this might be the accumulation of other peoples work, its still something I dearly want to create, like a conductor making beautiful music out of an orhestra, even though he cannot play any of the instruments himself.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.