Flux Classes

More
19 years 11 months ago #18115 by Second Chance
Flux Classes was created by Second Chance
Is it possible to define your own flux classes? Or to create an instance of type FcObject?

Just curious.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10289 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Flux Classes
I have not found a way to create an instance of just an object. And nothing like it shows up in the example code. So waypoints are the most typically used non-object. And if they are not placed into the world, they don't seem to chew up any resources. And they don't get culled when the player goes into the base. Usefull if you want to create an object at session start that lasts the whole session.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 11 months ago #10290 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Flux Classes
Oh, that is useful to know. Thanks.

I'm creating what will essentially be a sort of massive coordination AI that will be responsible for controlling the individual game AI. It will allow the creation of such things as small cohesive fleets, with ships that all understand their individual roles and can act accordingly for the good of the fleet as a whole, while recieving C&C from a single "command vessel." These types of AI will also be responsible for coordinating and maintaining provincial governments and other large organizations. Since these need to be created at the start of the game and maintained for its duration, it's good to know that wayopint objects can be prevented from being destroyed when the player leaves space.

Thanks again. :)

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 11 months ago #10294 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic Flux Classes
This is for EPIC i take it?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 11 months ago #10296 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Flux Classes
Who, me?

No, this is for my SpaceMaster mod (which no one will like but me, that's why I never talk about it).

More
19 years 11 months ago #10299 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Replied by Jwk the Hemp Monkey on topic Flux Classes
Well it sound perfect for EPIC, I remember reading how there were fleets and tactics and essentially a 'giant chess game' being played.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310