adding new items to futuretrader

More
19 years 7 months ago #18254 by dertien
Ok heres another little question:

I would like to add a few more goods to futuretrader, as well as add a drug section and an illegal section available only at Pirate bases and that gets you in big trouble if the police inspects you.

I have looked at cargo_list.csv in the resource file, where the names of the goods can be found.

Trouble is that in zz_ft_config.ini I only find figures that correspond to different goods and not a single name, exept for weapons and ships. Furthermore, I don't seem to find any figures in the cargo_list.csv that could reflect the numbering in the zz_ft_config.ini.

Would anybody be so kind to tell me how I should go about adding new trade-able goods?

Furthermore, is there a way to add a tiff image that would display, so you could add a little image or is that a little overkill ?

I hope that second_chance hasn't forgotten me, I havent heard from him since thursday last week, and I kinda start to miss him...

:D

XIII

Gute Leute muss man haben, Gute Leute !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 7 months ago #11738 by GrandpaTrout
Adding cargo items is not easy. Future trader uses the standard cargo definitions found in EoC and you cannot change those without messing up loadout or other items. What you can do quite easily is rename things. So you could convert a category of cargo pods into illegal ones you would find at a pirate base. Like most things in EoC you can get 75% of what you want, but not 100% As long as you are willing to be flexible, something can be worked out.

Adding a picture would be fairly easy. The windows can display custom bitmaps. They need to be in *.iff format. PhotoShop is best for creating *.iff. Then build an INI file that relates the cargo type number to the image to load, and your done. I don't think Zazicle would mind if you added that bit.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 7 months ago #11749 by dertien
Thanx Gtrout; sounds good

will have a look into that :)

greetz

XIII