How much coding left?

More
19 years 3 months ago #18354 by Second Chance
What, if any, coding remains to be done? MajorTom, could you give me a listing of every feature of the mod and all the work you did so I can write up some documents for it. I'm going to make at least a temporary web page for it to help keep people interested. And I'd like to get started on writing the play guide for using the mod.

What audio work needs to be completed? I volunteered to do the remaining audio work in another thread, in case anyone missed it.

Are there any additional graphics needed? I haven't seen Tarcoon around in a while, anybody know what he's up to?

I'd like to have this thing finished, tested and out the door by early spring. Sound reasonable?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12370 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic How much coding left?
Sorry, I've been very busy and don't yet have internet at home.
Some things do take a bit longer than expected.

I'll fix up a list of the features this week end and post it here.

The only thing not coded right now is the anti-cheat function.... because it uses hardcoded values and we don't know yet know what the actual configuration of each ship will be until we are closer to release.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 3 months ago #12376 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic How much coding left?
Awsome! Take your time settling in. It's just great to see your name on the boards again. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 1 month ago #12594 by MajorTom
Hmm, these are the features I can think of now:

We’ve optimized the multiplay code in the I-War2 game to provide absolutly solid stability and a lot of new functionality to accomodate some of the popular Star Wars features:

We fixed a bug in the Bot code. Now there are no more random crashes when bots get killed. This was previously a major stability issue with the EOC multiplay game.

The S-Foils on the X-Wing (and the B-Wing?) are animated and functional (speed change and weapons unlock)

We’ve introduced fully functional, Star Wars equivalent, Ion Cannons to the game. Currently they are used on the TieInt and one version of the B-Wing.

The B-Wing come in two versions one with the Ion Cannons and energy weapons. The other as a Missile/Torpedo boat (with no Ions).

New bomb weapons were designed for the B-Wing and the Tie Bomber. They are like real unguided bombs and have to be skillfully aimed, timed and dropped by the player manually.

Whenever a player dies he respawns with exactly the same loadout he had at the time of death and a realistic health level. He no longer spawns at full health with all weapons (and missiles) reloaded to full capacity.

A CUV (Combat Utility Vehicle) Repair ship can repair and reload your vessel. The CUVs can be piloted by a real player or a team can opt for a CUV bot. CUVs can repair and rearm other ships (kinda like in Freespace2). A player piloted CUV ship has several advantages over the CUV Bot and can be a decisive tactical factor in a game.
CUV support can be called by pressing a player configurable key. (same key for either a bot or player piloted CUV)

We’ve introduced voice taunts together with audible commands and responses (from the bots and or ships computer).

We've got a new score screen and a new points systems that shows repair events for CUV pilots, bomb hits for the bomber pilots and kills made by each teams base defenses.

Of course the mod includes the weapon and ship sounds familiar to us all from the Star Wars movies and games

Anything else I forgot?

More
19 years 1 month ago #12599 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic How much coding left?
I'm still waiting on the player ship models to render the ship selection-screen animations.

Tie fighter and interceptor are completed (and have been since last June). But I need the other player ship models to finish up the movies... X-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie-Bomber... or whatever ships the player may select besides the Tie fighter and interceptor.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12636 by MajorTom
We're gonna need the A-Wing, X-Wing, B-Wing and the Tie Bomber. Maybe the Falcon too? I'm not to sure as we still haven't officially decided which ship model to use for the CUV. Or, have we?

When you get the movies done let me know and I'll send you my address where you can send the CD to ;)

Would it be possible to have the movie switch to the cockpit view briefly also? (Maybe just a looped shot with a view of a nice background in front of the cockpit) That might be cool as we plan to have a different cockpit for each ship and it would certainly distinguish the mod from the original.