Changes to player speeds?

More
19 years 1 month ago #12631 by mdvalley
Replied by mdvalley on topic Changes to player speeds?
I once modded the LDS 3 down to the speed of light, and adjusted the others proportionally. LDS 1 and 2 were a third and two-thirds of c, respectively. The freighters got 1/10th c.

Of course, it took forever to get anywhere. However, it would be practical if every planet had at least one L-Point, if not an interstellar one. They would get used much more, since crossing systems on LDS alone would become impossible in any reasonable timeframe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12633 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Changes to player speeds?
That is very interesting mdvalley. It makes me think that if every planet did have a L-Point, then any that didn't would be a real journey to explore. Putting a pirate base (or any special location for that matter) on a moon without a L-Point would make it very very isolated, but also perhaps mysterious and dangerous to approach.
It also might have the effect of making travel between systems a little more challenging, if there were a number of intervening intra-solar system L-Points.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12634 by Qlippoth
Replied by Qlippoth on topic Changes to player speeds?
It does sound interesting, next release. :)

Where will pirate bases be placed? Will they be free floating, or next to a celestial body?

We don't necessarily want to discourage system exploration via LDS to find hidden bases, but we don't want to make it too easy either. Maybe FINDING a pirate base can make explorers money as well?

Selling the location to a rumor seller, or the government/police? It's one fairly low risk vocation...

- Qlippoth

More
19 years 1 month ago #12639 by GrandpaTrout
Scouting pirates would make a good player mission (not really doing missions, but it is good to keep in mind). There are a few ways to do it. Orbit each moon stopping to use sensors. Stations appear at very far distances. Later, you can follow traffic script pirates back to base.

Selling this item back to rumor sellers would be nice. I will think about how to make that work.