custom jafs mod

More
18 years 8 months ago #18526 by Oren
custom jafs mod was created by Oren
i dont get what to do to make jafs make pickups with a mega freighter.
i read the instructions but after i activated the game again (according to the instructions) the game gut stuck without uploading sessions at all so i had to reinstall it.

anyway, can you please help me activating this mod? or should i give it up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13542 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic custom jafs mod
The Custom Jaffs mod is not so difficult to install, but the directions for have to be followed to the letter... especially editing the flux.ini entry.

And, of course, the golden rule of modding is to always keep a backup of your flux.ini anytime you make changes.

Specifically, what part of the install process give you problems?

More
18 years 8 months ago #13547 by Oren
Replied by Oren on topic custom jafs mod
hey i got it right and it's working. jafs bring a 20 pod freighter (not a mega freighter) but i guess it will be ok as it is, thanks for the help shane!

More
18 years 8 months ago #13627 by Protoman1
Replied by Protoman1 on topic custom jafs mod
The problem shane is that with the new patch no [CustomJafs] entry is made I am guessing we have to manually add this to the flux.ini to edit the mods settings. Or maybe we add it to the customjafs.ini. I haven't gotten to the point where I can test either one because I have just started repalying this game.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13629 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic custom jafs mod
IIRC, the mod's instructions mention that you have to activate the mod, launch into space, call for Jafs, and then dock back to base. Then close down the game and open your flux.ini and the entry should be there.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13635 by Protoman1
Replied by Protoman1 on topic custom jafs mod
Don't know where you found that but its not in the HTMl file that comes with the mod. But it did add it after I got Jafs last night. Thanks for telling me that, would have never found it.