game crashes when modded

More
18 years 8 months ago #18529 by Oren
thanks again for the attention. i need some help with a problem i have loading a session - taking any ship to a flight when the game is modded. after i play the game with mods, finish to play then exiting to the desktop, when i load the game again and launch any kind of ship the game crashes during the yellow loading bar progress. to sulve this problem i replaced the flux.ini file with a backup flux.ini file every time before activating the game and then the game worked perfectly. can anyone help me to find alternative solution to this problem? or tell me what the problem might be.

God damn the disengagment plan!!! From a proud settler!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13550 by Second Chance
The flux.ini file is the initialization file for the flux game engine. If there's something in there that's wrong, it will crash the game. I suggest deactivating all your mods, then restore the flux.ini to default on the Options Screen. Quit the game so flux.ini gets rewritten. Then start reactivating your mods, one at a time, until the problem is found. I believe you were recently having trouble with the Jafs mod. If I remember correctly, can make manual entries to flux.ini for this mod. Did you? If so, this is probably your problem.

If you feel like emailing me your faulty flux.ini file I'll take a look at it.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.