Destroyers (Repost from Dead forum)

More
18 years 5 months ago #18642 by Scythan
Hello I am avid supporter though infrequent vistitor of Edge of Chaos and the Space-Sim community in general. My question for today, sirs, is this:

Would it be at all possible to allow a player to control a Bastille or actually.....strike that....a Guillotine class Destroyer in-game?

After a hard day's work it'd be nice to come home and become a God of interstellar murder, yes?

Post thoughts, please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14140 by Second Chance
Hi Scythan, glad to have another avid space-simmer on board.

Yes it's possible, and extremely easy. A basic knowledge of simple modding and you could do it in five minutes. On the other hand, I think there's already a mod out for that. Check the downloads sections.

Enjoy.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos

More
18 years 5 months ago #14142 by Scythan
Well I took a look and the only thing I saw was a mod to make a Bastille class a "T Fighter" which only served to give me the idea of controling the Guillotine like a T fighter, give me manual control of the foward firing PBCs and then allow the wing-root ones to be controled like docked T Fighters, 9 for Fire At Will, 7 for cease fire etc. I believe that would take a little more scripting and I know as much about modding as I do about ....well Women. So that is nothing at all. I'd be glad to lend all my talents and time to this project if I had some direction - with instructions I'd do it myself (or at least try) I think it's a good cause, anyway. We all remember being kids and wondering what it would be like to fly the capital ships...

More
18 years 5 months ago #14157 by Hot4Darmat
I know how you feel Scythan. I've had a few satisfactory play sessions with an arse kicking capital ship that slaughtered all comers in a series of endless great big space ka-booms. It wasn't an EOC universe ship, though. It was the B5 Warlock ship mod. The Hyperion class cruiser pretty much owns everything that comes near it too. The only problem (beside becoming tiresome being invincible after about an hour) is the lack of control over anything but the foreward facing beam weapons. Still...they were pretty and sliced up hostile cruisers very nicely indeed. All these cap ship mods are on the downloads page.

I encourage you to explore coding a mod for the Bastille so that driving it feels more like you're really on the bridge (or at the helm, or WEPs station, or whatever). Good luck, and good hunting.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14159 by MajorTom
You can fly the Gulliotine class and Bastill class destroyers in the MP mod "what_rocksv2" (but you'll probably find few takers except a whole team of other players)

There is a mod that replaces the Storm Petrel in Instant Action with the NSO-2101C/OSW Heavy Guillotine Class destroyer. The version below is only for the english language game:

webpages.charter.net/mjrtom/orig ... r_engl.zip

It should do pretty good as a template for the Bastille class destroyer too.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
18 years 5 months ago #14160 by Scythan
Now that is sweet, would there be a way to apply this to the SP game, perhaps? Instead of either MP or IA? Thank you for the advice however!