new to I-war2 :) any good mods?

More
18 years 4 months ago #18676 by don_tomaso
hello everyone.. I recently bought this old game, and Ive been playing it for just a day and I really enjoy it, though it´s a bit old.

so my question is if there are any good mods or new graphics out there, or just stuff like that, that is worth downloading and improves the game.. Ive noticed the middle states/torn stars tc but Im afraid that might be to advanced for a newbie like me, Im still very much a beginner at iwar2..

so if anyone could come with some suggestions it would be much appreciated :) and do you think I should download torn stars?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14461 by Cormorant
I think Torn Stars should also suit newbies. You might want to play some of the original EoC game first to get into the controls and maybe into the original story - which is already pretty cool.
However, Torn Stars is certainly worth a download. You don't have to be perfect with the controls, as you may chose to avoid combat and do some trading while you get a feel for the handling of the ships in EoC.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14476 by don_tomaso
oh alright, thanx, Ill try it out

More
18 years 4 months ago #14477 by Shane
And, of course, all these here: www.i-war2.com/downloads.htm

Lots of good stuff there. Though if you're playing through EoC for the first time I'd suggest trying it mod-free. Makes it a more 'pure' experience.

Cheers. :)