biobomber and flitter glitches

More
18 years 4 weeks ago #18778 by gwzero
I've noticed a few glitches with a couple of small things. If anyone knows the fix then please let me know.

#1. It is impossible to dock to any biobombers other than your own (you can dock to your own like you do at stations if you're using a mega freighter that has been positioned just right).

#2. I wanted to take over a flitter so that I could easily tag pods from a safe distance, which works great until I go back to base and save/reload. When I come back the flitter/miner nolonger have any sensors or anything.

I've tried altering the ini and lws files but nothing happens. with the biobomber, I setup the ini and lws files to match the player base as closely as possibly without creating a new player base. With the flitter, I just manually added the nps_sensors to the ship.

Is there something with the T_utility and T_biobomber classes that wont allow these actions to be performed, or did I forget to do something?

<hr noshade size="1">

Smith - "12 assault cannon turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 30+ fighters in 6 bays, all mounted on a megafreighter."

Cal - "Ya think that'll be enough? I mean we're just going to the store."

Smith - "You know you're right, I better add on some more antimatter pbc's."

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

Smith - "You know you're right, I'd better mount on some antimatter streams."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 weeks ago #15079 by GrandpaTrout
It is nice to see someone new modding.

T_Utility classes have been often used and no reports of issues have been made.

How are you "taking over" a flitter? More details are needed. If you are creating the flitter, then a snip of the code that sets up the ship would help.

More
18 years 4 weeks ago #15080 by gwzero
I've been using IFleet to take over the flitter. but its not just the flitter that has this problem, the gasminer does the same thing; and any attempts to board the truck, frog, or srnv cause the game to crash.

<hr noshade size="1">

Smith - "12 assault cannon turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 30+ fighters in 6 bays, all mounted on a megafreighter."

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

More
18 years 4 weeks ago #15081 by GrandpaTrout
The game expects player ships to have certain systems. If you jump into a ship without them, the game can crash. iFleet tries to work around this to some degree by installing player systems on the non-player ships when you jump over.

There can be other issues with stealing the ships out from under the AI scripts. I have noticed that changing a ships group unexpectedly (as iFleet does) can also cause crashes. If you really like having a flitter, then I suggest creating a player version and putting that into the game. You could create an unarmed version of the remote fighter.

More
18 years 4 weeks ago #15082 by gwzero
Alright I found the error, REMHack replacing the ini files that I had just made so i deleted the REMHack copies (after changing my files a little) and everything started to work like it should. Thanks for the help

<hr noshade size="1">