Modding programs...

More
18 years 1 week ago #18786 by HappyPsychie
Hi, I'm new to EoC and I need some files to help me edit and create mods. I need a *.pkg editor and a *.dll editor. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who could help me locate programs that would help and could also get for free.

-Modding with prozac, HappyPsychie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 week ago #15144 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Modding programs...
Welcome to the forum HappyPsychie,

Particle Systems released two mod kits. You can find them by going to the main page of this site, selecting "downloads" from the top menu, and then "mod tools" on the right hand menu.

"I-War 2 EoC Graphic SDK" (which will teach you all about changing ships and weapons).

"EoC POG Scripting - SDK Ver 0.91 Beta - 24-01-2002" (which will explain how to build new scripts for putting ships into the game, scripting missions, etc).

If you are going to get into scripting, a good working knowledge of C or C++ is important. I would recommend brushing up on your C programming before starting. And get a good editor like the shareware TextPad.

There are many helpful modders around. Answers can sometimes be slow arriving, but they do show up.

More
18 years 1 week ago #15151 by gwzero
Replied by gwzero on topic Modding programs...
One thing you might want to get is lightwave. you can find limited versions of it through limewire or morpheus. I managed to find lightwave ver 7.0 and it works great for checking nullpoint placement and alignment. You should try to get a hold of ver 5.6 since its more compatable with the EOC files. Personally I find it much easier to modify the .ini files with a text editor.

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

Cal - "Ya think that'll be enough? I mean we're just going to the store."

Smith - "You know you're right, I'd better mount on some antimatter streams."

<hr noshade size="1">Smith - "12 docking turrets, 15 quadpack launchers, 6 antimatter pbc's, and 2 turret fighters, all mounted on a megafreighter."

Cal - "Ya think that'll be enough? I mean we're just going to the store."

Smith - "You know you're right, I'd better mount on some antimatter streams."

More
18 years 1 week ago #15153 by HappyPsychie
Replied by HappyPsychie on topic Modding programs...
Hey, thanks a lot for your help. With luck I might have a mod or two posted in the next few months.