Loadout implementation issue

More
21 years 1 month ago #5176 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Loadout implementation issue
Three Kings? Is that the movie about the Gulf War?

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5177 by Flamineo

originally posted by Shane
Three Kings? Is that the movie about the Gulf War?

Yep . It's sort of Kelly's Heroes with a twist. In the sequence I'm on about, cynical veteran George Clooney is describing what being shot does to people, accompanied by one of those slo-mo chase views of a bullet that, uncharacteristically, keeps going past the point of impact. It's cringingly unpleasant, but that's sort of the idea, obviously.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13561 by VirtualCLD
What package are the SaveLoadout() and RestoreLoadout() methods/function loacted? Is there anyway to get acess to the loadout information through scripting while the player is still inside their base? As far as I can tell, subsims aren't attached to a ship until that ship is created, and in the case of the player ship, that doesn't occur until the player leaves the base. So is there anyway to access the loadout information while still inside the base?

Ultimately, I want to see if I can create a mod that allows the player to save and restore customized loadouts from in the base. Of course, if there is already a mod that does this, it would be kind of pointless, but I'd still like to see the source code.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13562 by GrandpaTrout
Nothing from inside the base. EricMan64 did a loadout for his GoldRush mod. You should check that out.