Question about a possible upcoming weapons mod...

More
22 years 1 day ago #17357 by Keiichi
Does anyone know if it's possible to alter a beam weapon or missile shockwave so that it mimics a disrupter missile? I've been attempting to create a laser-based disrupter or, failing that, an EMP missile that disables every ship in the blast redius, but so far I haven't had any luck, and frankly, it's driving me crazy. I'd just like to know whether it's an effort in futility.

-Keiichi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 day ago #1538 by ravingpartyking
A while back I did a lot of modification of the weapon and ship files, and I'm almost certain it is possible to create a disruptor laser (I'm not sure about an EMP missile though). Try doing something like this:

1. Make a copy of the pbc_bolt.ini file found in the resource.zip file under the path sims/weapons (I think!)

2. Change the name of the file and edit the range and damage of the bolt to whatever you want

3. Open disruptor_missile.ini (I think thats what its called) again under sims/weapons. You will find a couple of lines in it relating to disruption effects which are self explanetary

4. Copy and paste these into your pbc_bolt.ini and edit them as you wish

Hope this helps!

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death

More
22 years 1 day ago #1539 by ravingpartyking
Oh, forgot to add that exactly the same thing should be possible for beam weapons by exactly the same procedure

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death

More
22 years 1 day ago #1542 by Keiichi
Hmm. That's exactly what I did earlier, but it didn't function properly. I'll give it another try.

-Keiichi

More
22 years 6 hours ago #1556 by n/a (3)
I wonder if you could create a new weapon instead of just modifying a new one...

Hey, isn't it death before dishonor?

"There is a fine line between pirates and smugglers. Pirates steal from their suppliers, smugglers just cheat them." - Booster Terrik
"What we have here is a profiteer, but aren't we all?" - Talon Karrade

"There is a fine line between pirates and smugglers. Pirates steal from their suppliers, smugglers just cheat them." - Booster Terrik
"What we have here is a profiteer, but aren't we all?" - Talon Karrade

More
22 years 6 hours ago #1560 by ravingpartyking

Hey, isn't it death before dishonor?

Not in my case :)

Dishonour before Death

Dishonour before Death