Too New to Mod?

More
21 years 11 months ago #17391 by desoto
Too New to Mod? was created by desoto
Guys...im just starting act 2...so im still pretty green, so i thought id ask--what is the command sec ship for?... (is there a mod that changes that alternate ship into the ship on the box cover---the pistol lookin thing)---or do i fly that later in the sim

Also is the mod thing for after your done with the sim...scripting/saveings are knarly enough with-out messing something up with a mod---your thoughts Gents...

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1912 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Too New to Mod?
Hi Desoto. The command module is needed later on for a mission.

Some mods can interfere with game mission scripts...and with mods you would miss out on some really good moments. It might be a good idea to play it through at least once without the mods. There's always time to mod while in free-form mode (or even start again).

More
21 years 11 months ago #1916 by StoneDeadViking
Replied by StoneDeadViking on topic Too New to Mod?
True.

Here is an example of what can go wrong.

Act1 Mission4 The Heist

Flying in a Destroyer really messes up this mission, seeing as how a SNRV has considerable trouble carrying around on a ship 6-7 times it's own size, plus the final stop for Jafs is in a garbage dump with lot's of pods.

Mind you, Jafs in his SNRV has'nt got a problem parking his but there once he actually get's there but he will be entering the dump with a speed somewhere between 200 ms and 400 ms which is enough to make your ship(the Destroyer) blow up when it collides with the garbage pods.

There are other cases like these I have no doubt, it is just a matter of time before you find them.

"Overreacting conveys
understanding, hmm sounds better in danish.
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.:D

Edited by - StoneDeadViking on 23 May 2002 06:50:52

"Overreacting conveys
understanding, hmm sounds better in danish.
Overdrivelse fremmer forståelsen.[:D]

More
21 years 11 months ago #1923 by desoto
Replied by desoto on topic Too New to Mod?
Roger-copy...ill leave er be for now, Thanks for the tips : )