Multimod?

More
21 years 9 months ago #17439 by danteX
Multimod? was created by danteX
Hello, everyone.

I want to use the save game mod, but noticed that it requires the "multimod." However, on the mods page, there is no multimod available to download. Does it perhaps go by a different name? Could someone please direct me to a place where I can find it?

Also, are these mods stable? I've just started playing the game, and don't want to corrupt anything and be forced to start over.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by - danteX on 16 Jul 2002 23:33:23

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2218 by danteX
Replied by danteX on topic Multimod?
Sorry, answered my own question. I didn't realize there are two mod areas.

On a side note, the game looks really beautiful, but seems very frustrating, especially to someone weaned on Freespace and Wing Commander flight models.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2220 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Multimod?
It is difficult at first, but, once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back. Just for kicks I loaded up my Wing Commander Prophecy game again, and tried it out. The controls just seemed rather 'flat', like I was flying an airplane sim. Just not very realistic anymore. Have fun.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2221 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Multimod?
It would be a good idea dantex to play the game without the mods first. That way you'll see the difference. Some mods can cause issues, you should read the advisory note on the download pages.

More
21 years 9 months ago #2230 by danteX
Replied by danteX on topic Multimod?
So far, so good. The inertial sliiiiiiiding definitely takes some getting used to. Also, thank God for the hat switch. I'm not sure how anyone could play this game with the keyboard..........

I took SoupDragon's advice and am playing without any mods for the moment. The save game mod keeps screaming for me, however. (Typically, I'm a heavy save-every-five-minutes type of gamer.)

More
21 years 9 months ago #2233 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Multimod?
In case you were not aware, although the game saves automatically when you dock at Lucrecia's. You can also save manually. It's a good thing to do after each successful mission; because if things go wrong, you only need load the last manually saved file to take you back to your last mission. Whereas, the automatic saves only to one file, which if it corrupts, or the game script goes awol, you'll have to start the game from scratch.