Saitek Cyborg Evo and IWar 1

More
19 years 3 months ago #18333 by Arethusa
I recently got IWar 2, and I figured I should play the original before I get to the sequel. I managed to get the game to run fine with a Glide wrapper and adjusted page file size, but once I get in game, my ship spirals out of control really, really fast. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. My joystick is properly calibrated, and I've tried recalibrating many times. Every time, I get the same problem. The problem isn't the joystick, as I've never run into this in anything else using it. Is there any workaround?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12185 by andrewas
Iwar1 insists on using the 1st controller in the list, so check tht there isnt a dummy copy of it or something getting in the way and forcing the real version to be 2nd in the list.

Or you could fly with the keyboard. Personaly, I never fly Iwar with anything else, joysticks work better on non-newtonian games IME.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12191 by Arethusa
First controller in what list? It's the only one I have installed, which means it's all that's showing up in my Game Controller list in the control panel. It is plugged into my fourth USB port, but there's really no way that could make any difference.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12192 by Second Chance
That's what he was talking about. So it probably isn't that.

Is there a selection in the original I-War for controller input? Maybe the wrong controller type is selected? I get that in I-WarII if my racing wheel is plugged in. The game selects the wrong controller and my ship just spirals out of control.

Or, since it's a Saitek, do you have a controller profile you're using with the game? Maybe the controls are mapped to the wrong bits in the profile.

That's all I can think of.

Oh wait, there is one more thing. Have you just tried plugging it into a different port? You never know. If the game for some reason isn't recognizing the controller, maybe the default input values (without the controller to correct them) are causing the ship to rotate. It worth a try.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 3 months ago #12199 by Stephen Robertson PS
Make sure you've got the latest drivers downloaded from Saitek. I have a Saitek Cyborg 3D USB, which is an earlier version of that stick, and it works fine.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12200 by Second Chance
I have the same stick Stephen does (but left-handed), and mine also works fine.

But it doesn't sound like a problem with the stick itself. And I-War, being an older game itself, shouldn't have any trouble with older drivers. Unless the stick is too new, I suppose.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4