Trading and Fences

More
18 years 6 months ago #18609 by Pippu
Trading and Fences was created by Pippu
Hey everyone. Still just getting a feel for the game, but I've been finding it very hard to make any money off the start. So far as I can tell, the only two stations inetrested in selling to/buying from me are the common metal mine and refinery.

Although it makes sense to me that I need to upgrade my status with a faction to have them work with me, 20k is a steep bill when you're only making 50cr per pod!

As such I decided to turn my impatience into pirating. At first I was super excited, picking and choosing the best pods to steal and bring to a fence. Much to my suprise, the fences kept refusing to trade with me and I had to take the pods to the scrapper. Still twice as much as I'd have made normally.

I know now that I probably need to improve my standing with the Kong as well for them to trade with me. However, I can't find them on the list of factions!

So my 2 questions are:

a) is there a better way to trade off the start that earns more than 50cr a pod?

b) how do I get the fences to trade with me (which faction to I have to upgrade?)

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #14008 by CutterJohn
Replied by CutterJohn on topic Trading and Fences
Transporting in system yields very piddly profits. Theres a couple decent trade routes between Alcuin, emerald, and the system in between the two. No pirates, and no customs payments either.

Tip: Stuff you get from common metal mines sells at common metal processing plants. Rare mines > Rare processing. Exotic mines > Exotic Processing...

More
18 years 6 months ago #14011 by Pippu
Replied by Pippu on topic Trading and Fences
Ok, sure.. but that donsn't answer my questsions! The problem I have is that the only stations that trade with me are the two I mentioned above.

I also can't leave the system bc I don't appear to have a capsule drive. Although my inventory says I have one, I can't make any jumps out system so I am holed up indefinetely in the starting system. Each time I try it tells me that I have no capsule drive.. [:(]

[Edit: Did some searching after my post, found solution to my autopilot statement, sorry [:I]!. Still wondering why I can't trade with the fences however]

More
18 years 6 months ago #14014 by CutterJohn
Replied by CutterJohn on topic Trading and Fences
Aha!

Ok, to leave the system, you must fly to an L-point. Once there, target the L-point, then go to the map screen(left left up(on the arrow pad, or the hat switch of your joystick) will get you there). The Hoel Lpoint should be highlighted with an option above it that says "Jump Destination", press Up(where it says jump destination) and then press left or right to choose which star system you wish to travel to. Once you have the destination selected, pull your trigger to accept that destination, and fly into the green circle of the Lpoint. Note that you must enter the green circle from the Blue side, not the red.

@Any of you dev types out there.. iirc(and i can't verify since i'm not at home) there is nothing in the tutorial about manual jumping.. Perhaps a note could be included to help issues like this. If i hadn't previously played EOC i wouldn't know how to do this either(In fact i barely remembered.. I rarely used the feature in that game).

More
18 years 6 months ago #14015 by Pippu
Replied by Pippu on topic Trading and Fences
<bow>

Mucho thankos.. looking forward to a little more return on my efforts :)!