Fuel Use

More
18 years 3 months ago #14673 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Fuel Use

Originally posted by Hot4Darmat

Should I add some refuelling type comments (requests and notifications) in the pile of dialogue stuff I'm building up?

Sounds like a plan to me. Dialog is NOT my strong point. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14708 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Fuel Use
I'll add fueling chit chat to the list. See update post in the radio chatter thread.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14730 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Fuel Use
Hey, I'm under the - hopefully not too far off ^^, - impression that it wouldn't be so hard to code "fuel skimming" off of stars, a la Elite and its sequels. It was a purchased component that allowed you to collect cargo foating in space (dropped by killed ships or mined ore, its main use in Elite & co.) AND skim stars for fuel. Of course, the cargo bit is redundant in Torn Stars :)

Not only was star-skimming directly hazardous :D, pirates and bounty-hunters often hung close in to the star, waiting for thrifty merchants or people just avoiding stations in the area (maybe too many "arguments" with the local faction? [|)]).

More
18 years 2 months ago #14750 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Fuel Use
Interesting idea...a little crazy but interesting. How about skimming off of gas giants? Maybe this would be a nice little feature mod for someone to try out. Not Grandpatrout though..he has his hands plenty full.

However...fuel needs to be processed/refined before it can be used...so does skimming gas of giants or suns make sense?

More
18 years 2 months ago #14756 by whismerhill
Replied by whismerhill on topic Fuel Use
hum why not, but I think it should be the work of a special ship (with no cargo pods because it could seem strange for pods to just "pop up" of nowhere)
also this kind of ship should be expensive in my mind, because of the additional stress on the hull (think of sun radiation, sun gravity & gaz giant gravity, which are all very very dangerous)