Unstable Space update

More
18 years 1 month ago #18748 by GrandpaTrout
Hi All,

The Unstable Space release of Torn Stars is moving closer to finish. Most of the features are working. We are in the last stages of coding.

In about 2 weeks we will be looking for Alpha Testers. These intrepid persons will need some free time to spend each week, a taste for crashing the game, the patience to get a bug to repeat several times, and a willingness to write down all the details of the problem. If that sounds like you, clear some time in your schedule and watch this space for recruitment posts.

This release features:
Uncharted star systems found by science scans and blind jumping.
Unclaimed asteroids that can be mined for ore using mining rigs.
Ships use fuel and must be kept supplied.
A new capsule jump system with unstable jumps that can damage your ship.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14917 by stars_editor
Replied by stars_editor on topic Unstable Space update
Would definitely be interested in Alpha Testing for this MOD. By the way, how would I be able to upload a document in Excel that I have been using for my adventures in Torn Stars. It has some interesting features about it I would like to share with you guys. Such as hyperlinks to informational documents and the middle states map with notes describing what I have discovered in the various systems I have visited so far. I am the guest who left the message about the docking problem in Touquoise and Amethyst Systems.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14921 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Unstable Space update
I have sent your upload request on to Cambragol. He handles all the web stuff for the team.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14925 by stars_editor
Replied by stars_editor on topic Unstable Space update
Thanks for the quick reply. If there is a problem uploading it. I have no problem with emailing it to you guys.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14929 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Hi stars_editor.

I thought I had file uploading turned on for 'player blogs' on the site. I didn't. However, in the course of turning them on, I have mortally wounded the website. Pending me tackling solving the domino effect of issues and bugs I have encountered, (all thanks to the lovely update I did. Note: never update anything again. Murphy's new law) there is no estimated time that I can get all the way back around to getting file uploads for users working. I will try my best though.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14965 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Unstable Space update
Hi stars_editor,

I haven't got the website working for uploads, so maybe it would be best to email the documents you have to GrandpaTrout, and then I can link them at the site. I am interested in seeing what you have done.