Cultures and styles of the Middle States

More
18 years 2 months ago #14959 by GrandpaTrout
I found two copies of the same document. I published them in the Design Documents section of the Torn Stars site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14960 by cambragol
I like the sound of this approach too. We can add a number of fleet styles without having to commit ourselves to too much. And we can add styles fairly easily too I assume.

I also agree with you Jon, on giving different regions different 'default' ships. As you said, the Barrens and Dead Reaches should be limited to converted Tugs and even Trucks when it comes to 'warships'. The Sultanate should have the top of the line stuff, such as the advanced patcom and Dreadnaught Corvette. The Leung empire would be mostly limited to older corvettes and patcoms. This could help to convey the 'wealth' of a region very quickly. I think this is something I was trying to get at when I talked about tryint to limit the sales of certain ships to certain regions. I pretty much wanted to limit the sales along the same lines you drew up for regional defaults.

PS Jon and other team members, be sure to click the 'publish' button at the bottom of any article you publish on teh website, to ensure that it shows up right away. Otherwise, it will not be displayed until someone, either me or another team member 'publishes' it. I published the Ship Styles document for you Jon.

More
18 years 1 month ago #14962 by GrandpaTrout
Ah, thanks for the rescue. I forgot about the publish button.

Looking at Joco's code, he is 99% of the way to this solution.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15056 by theweasl
Then it would make sense for me (being the player) to get in good with the faction that sells the best ships. So I can purcahse them at a cut rate price, as opposed to full price for a neutral player. Can this be worked out in code?

More
18 years 1 month ago #15058 by cambragol
The way it would work, and does to some degree right now, is that the faction will not even sell you a ship, unless you are allied with them. I believe that when it comes to weapons and systems, 'cut rates' based on faction standings is already working. The amount of money you pay to tolls, or for protection rackets, is also based on your standing with the 'taxing' faction. If you are allied with the Droznic criminal clan, then passing through their territory or pirate tolls will be effectively free.

More
18 years 1 month ago #15063 by Joco
From reading this I think the the ship fleet code I did should pretty much cover the needs to defining different fleet styles for different factions. GT - if there are missing features let me know.