Update On Unstable Space

More
17 years 11 months ago #18815 by Splintercell56
Has Unstable Space been released. If not, what is the current status of the expansion?

For a long time I always wanted to play EOC, but never got a chance to pick up a copy, but now that problem is somewhat solved with an online order of the game. What I was also wondering is if one has to have played EOC to understand or play Torn Stars? Or is Torn Stars a completly different entity seperate from EOC?

The only problem is delivery is taking their sweet time getting the game to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #15263 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Update On Unstable Space
Wellll... Hrm. You wouldn't have to Play EoC 1st, but IMHO it would help a lot. Mainly, this is because the flight engine used (pretty fully-simulated physics) can be a bit hard to deal with at first, especially since most ships you actually fly are more frigate-sized rather than the small fighter craft you'll usually find in other sims.

As for understanding the background and history, well, it's not necessary but... Well, EoC is a great game, especially with the LARGE number of more traditional (and less so: see the Gold Rush scenario) mods available. I think you're missing a good time if you just avoid EoC!

I may be wrong, but I think you'll find that the majority of Torn Stars/Unstable Space players are people who played EoC (and/or IWar 1), loved it, and want MORE!=) I'd even wager a couple of nickels that a lot of people here played Elite too. =D

More
17 years 11 months ago #15268 by Splintercell56
Bozobub, Concerning the offer you made me. I was wondering if it was still available?