Loadout Design

More
17 years 2 months ago #16352 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Loadout Design
Okay, that was my second guess. Getting into the guts of this, I can see there are lots of issues with placing the models for each weapon correctly. It is most likely going to be a massive amount of work. Unless I can find a good pattern, it will take hours of custom tweaking per ship. Also, what do we do about missile launchers that are meant to be loaded onto an already loaded particle or beam weapon? Will that be worked into the loadout? We may need to discuss how bust to handle this. I have found a solution, but perhaps not the most elegant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16353 by cambragol
With a little more digging I found a model that supports loading a missile alone. It fits more or less.

More
17 years 2 months ago #16354 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Loadout Design
I would not use weapons with models. After looking into it a bit, most of those weapons were all "pylon mounts" which are super complicated. I would try to just add the pylons to the base model itself if possible, and then the nulls can be in the correct position.

More
15 years 3 months ago #16818 by OrionSX
Replied by OrionSX on topic Loadout Design
I haven't quite figured out how the weapon positions are figured when dealing with the Pylon Mountpoints work, but an idea you could explore is using an invisible mountpoint to represent the pylon mounts. I'm not sure if every cannon mount is the same size, or if some are wider then others (or taller, in the case of the tug) but if that is the case, it would be a simple task to script the pylon mount on top of the (assumed) external cannon mount. To elaborate, if we know that the external cannon mount is at a hypothetical position of (X,Y,Z), and we know that all cannons are the same width, or (W), then you should be able to create another mountpoint at (X,Y+W,Z), assuming that Y is the appropriate axis. If all the weapons are not the same width, then you might be able to script a command to "get" the width from the weapon subsim .INI, and then "return" it to the Sim .INI. But then again, I have no idea how the weapon position works, just thought I'd try and help. =\

More
15 years 3 months ago #16827 by cambragol
Hey Orion, all this loadout talk is outdated, as the whole system is done and working to perfection. Check out the pics at Torn-stars.com We have fully customizable ships.