Problem aquiring wingman

More
17 years 5 months ago #18903 by JELB
[?]

Hello everyone,

Recently, while reading about X3 Reunion, I decided to google whether any cool mods were out for EoC. Like many, I was pleased to find Torn Stars. I downloaded it and installed to a fresh install of EoC but I'm already having trouble. I autopilot over to the "cyan blue 'utility' ship" that the tutorial mentions but when I press Ctrl-C all that happens is the selected target is cycled - as though I pressed the . key. Only the blue targets are cycled and the same thing happens when I press C on its own. I have checked this forum and have not found anyone else with the same problem. Anyone know what's going on?

JELB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15702 by JELB
Replied by JELB on topic Problem aquiring wingman
[:I]

Doh! I had to load the TS_Key_Config! Problem solved!

JELB

More
17 years 5 months ago #15705 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Jelb, that should have been handled automatically. Another item to enter into the bug list...

Oh, did you change configs to use the mouse? I think you will end up needing to merge a mouse config with a TS config.

Now that I think about it, if you get something working, email me. We will add mouse support (what there is) to TornStars as a control option.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15709 by JELB
Replied by JELB on topic Problem aquiring wingman
GrandpaTrout,

I didn't want to have to do this but, ok, I confess, it's no bug! I changed the control setting before entering the sim - then forgot that I'd done so and puzzled over the Ctrl-C problem for more than a few frustrating minutes. [:I] Hey I'm old. The short term memory isn't what it used to be. The short term memory isn't what it used to be.

I must say you're very clever the way you smoked me out - what with mentioning adding the problem to the bug list. I couldn't very well let you go looking for a non-existent bug now could I? Ok I could have but that would have been cruel. VERY clever. :D

JELB