Middle States Slang?

More
17 years 3 months ago #15897 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Middle States Slang?
Yeah, nothing too vulger. We are going more for Unique and funny, and not so much shocking. Shocking you can get on TV.

Bring on the Japanese slang! What is the name of those huge clay pots behind peoples houses? The ones for fermenting soy? We might be able to do a cross translation of JT's honey pot idea....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15990 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Middle States Slang?
Hi all,

I apologize for my absence for the past several months. Its been busier than I could have ever imagined in RL. Three kids and 2 jobs just goes way over the top. I barely get sleep, let alone hobby time.

Here are just a few thoughts for slang, off the top. I'll post more as I get more time to think on it.

Police: Rollers, Squeakies (as in squeaky clean), the Law, the Judge
Navy: the See-En-Vees (CNVs), Blues, the
Customs: Sniffers, Sniffer patrol, Trolls
Mega-corps: Suits, The "Haves"
Pirates: This might not need a new slang term, except maybe to class what they do (the funboys, the shredders, the gentlemen, the predators, and the scrappers)

Shipyard: fitters
Habitat: Greenclean (as in "I'm headin' to the nearest greenclean for some proper chow), Farm

More soon

More
17 years 3 months ago #16038 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Middle States Slang?
Were glad to see you are alive and well!

Good ideas. Fitters would work to replace Machine (we have a whole faction called the Machines in TornStars. They inhabit Epitaph. Don't go there without lots of warships).