Lpoint scanner and jumping

More
17 years 3 months ago #16177 by GrandpaTrout
Nav Screen. Weapon Seller Filter.

Unstable Space totally reworked the Nav screen to be very useful. Try there first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16185 by GrandpaTrout
ok, I have modified the route list to always show the routes, but if you don't have good enough active sensors, then Lori tells you that better sensors are needed to take the route. That should help a little.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16186 by Shingen
Replied by Shingen on topic Lpoint scanner and jumping
It would be my suggestion to still make the routes invisible without adaquate scanners, but still have Lori comment.

"Just remember love is life, and hate is living death. Treat your life for what's worth and live for every breath" - Black Sabbath- National Acrobat

More
17 years 3 months ago #16187 by GrandpaTrout
Yeah, I couldn't make up my mind on that. The problem with only a comment is you don't know if you have seen all the routes. For instance, an Lpoint with a stable route would end up hiding better routes. So I went this way. Now you know the routes are there. But you don't know where they go until you jump, so there is still some mystery to it.

It would not be hard to move the lpoint scanning features inside of the tab menu. There are a few other features that would be nice to add at the same time. It would be nice to get to your favorite locations. Then you could setup the locations in the Nav screen, and get them quick via the tab without having to touch the mouse. It would also be nice to get a list of the normal lpoints, because most of the time you open the Nav screen it is to select an lpoint. Between those two, 90% of the Nav screen open/closes could be eliminated, which is nice for joystick users.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16194 by cambragol
I am with Shingen. They should be invisible until the player has good enough sensors. The mystery is there. Being able to see them, but not take them might just be frustrating. And it is too obvious.

lpoint scanning inside the tab would be nice. Perhaps if it were Lori could give a hint that there might be something more. "I thought I picked up another route, but looks like I was wrong". Seems a little more mysterious than having 'unknown' routes clearly listed.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16196 by Shingen
Replied by Shingen on topic Lpoint scanner and jumping

GrandpaTrout posted:
For instance, an Lpoint with a stable route would end up hiding better routes.

This makes no sense to me.. sorry.

"Just remember love is life, and hate is living death. Treat your life for what's it's worth and live for every breath" - Black Sabbath- National Acrobat