Trading? Where has the ship-to-ship combat gone?!

More
15 years 2 months ago #19098 by Captain Falcan
This is Captain Falcan, scourge of the greedy corporations and savior of the indentured workers.

I noticed that the ship-to-ship combat that I have come to know and love is severely penalized in this game!

I had two SNRV's and a Venice class freighter as wingmen -- full of cargo, might I add. I had just arrived at one of the L-points situated within the Emerald system. I was doing my usual rounds at that particular system (trading, of course) when some ships from the Leung Imperial Navy attacked me. Gladly, I retaliated and opened fire on the nearest aggressor. When they destroyed my two SNRV wingmen one by one, I thought, "What a bunch of cowards! Do they not have the courage to fight me, instead of slaughtering my defenseless freighters?" Needless to say, I was very mad. By now, they were hitting my ship very hard; the hull was at around 25 percent! Although I wanted to avenge the cruel death of my wingmen, I was forced to retreat, lest I join them. I used my thruster override button until I was out of the LDSI field. As soon as I was out of the LSDI field, I went into LDS mode immediately and without hesitation. I was delighted to see that my Venice class freighter survived and was following me, even though he was heavily damaged. I was then preparing to open up the navigation GUI and find a place to sell my (surviving) cargo. I thought that I had seen the last of those annoying Leung Imperial Navy (or should I say terrorist) ships, but they had returned! I thought to myself, "You have come for more, have you?" This time, they finished off my Venice class freighter. Now, they just made their final mistake; they made this personal!!! I constantly adjusted the TRI to shift to weapons when I had my opportunity to fire at them and shift to engines when it was time to dodge their fire. I thought, "I will show you no mercy, this time!" Finally, I gave those Leung imperial jerks precisely what they deserved -- a painful death by PBC fire. I avenged my poor wingmen, for what it is worth, but now, in the aftermath of that incident, any Leung Imperial butt-heads I encounter attack me on sight! Even their freighters show up as hostile contacts! What a joke! Seriously, what did they expect if they decide to send me a completely unwarranted attack, anyway?!

In addition, I suggest that there be more opportunity for ship-to-ship combat, without the fear of angering foolishly overzealous factions within this game. I do not want my combat skills to get rusty, mind you.

Also, I suggest that wingmen be somewhat easier to keep alive.

I once destroyed three cruisers, ten corvettes, and over thirty storm petrels all in one day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #16850 by squelos
Torn stars seems weird, You cant even get started off properly because you have no money ...
And its very buggy too. I too loved piracy. all of this is now gone forever it:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.