Max - Lightwave - Maya

More
20 years 5 days ago #9813 by Second Chance

I've bought a book to help on lerning how to work wit it.

Sorry, I should have posted this sooner. I've been working with 3dsMax for a looong time. I have about 14 books on Max (most of which were a huge waste of money). I've even gone to school for Max. But in my honest opinion, the only things you'll ever need to learn Max really well are two books:

Mastering 3d Studio Max Rx.x, from Sybex;

and 3d Studio Max x.x Workshop, from from Hayden Books. (The x.x obviously being whatever version of Max you're using.)

Their easy to follow and complete beginner-to-expert style make these books my most prized possessions. They start off holding your hand through everything, but by the time you're done, you'll be making your own finished and edited movies, literally! Finish these two books and you'll save yourself hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours which would have otherwise been wasted trying to find the right books or web tutorials to get you even close to being competent. That I guarantee[8D]. I only wish these books were available back when I started [xx(].

You might also want to consider the Max Forums at
www.maxforums.org/

There's plenty of useful info to be found there. Just try not to be put off by the usual forum jerks, who think you're a useless moron if you're not as "advanced" as they are ;). Tough it out, and you can learn a lot there.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.