WARNING: Discord server issue!

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #20944 by schmatzler
I've pinged @everyone on the Discord so people know what's up now.
Also bandaid-fixed the registration here, so people can join this discussion if they want.

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #20945 by schmatzler
Discord has a form for things like this were you can request to transfer ownership of a server.
I have asked them to make me the administrator of the server since it's unmaintained now.

Let's see what happens. If they do it, I'll set up more people so it doesn't all depend on me.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #20946 by IronDuke
So far I have received a single automated clydebot reply saying the account will not be reinstated, and no other response to any of my attempts to contact them. I don't think I'll be getting it back.

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #20947 by Brandon0sh
I have established a new discord server and begun preparing people for the probability of the current server disappearing. The new server will have several trusted members of the community set as admins as backups, including schmatzler, so that in the future an issue like this can't arise again. I think that while discord's policies are pretty shite when it comes to the appeals process and their reasoning for termination in the first place, that you unfortunately cannot find a better solution for the type of community engagement that discord allows. I think it's important for our community to continue to have a discord server and I'll do my best to make sure that happens.

Check out the Independence War 2 Speedrun Leaderboards:
www.speedrun.com/independence_war_2_edge_of_chaos

Get started speedrunning using the resources available on that website!
The following user(s) said Thank You: schmatzler, Chessking

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #20950 by Chessking
That sucks that you got caught in a blanket ban. But I-war2 will still live on, regardless of what happens to your account or the Discord server.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
4 months 1 week ago #20954 by schmatzler
Discord has ignored my request to transfer ownership so far. I'm beginning to think they won't do anything.

I will probably wait for another few days and if nothing happens we need to make the move to the new server "official".