Server Online

More
20 years 2 months ago #8809 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Server Online
Strange - the flux.ini shows your MjrT EO b2 server name again, I've played with Tarcoon EO f - no changes in maps or packages have survived. How is it possible, the "first dedicated server modified" flux.ini to be recreated?

I have a possibility to play on a dedicated server via LAN on my single computer. It's easier to collect some needed stuff for my tug.
Is it possible to decide wich pods show up?
Is a better autorepair podable? Guess not - but maybe?

I may install future trader to buy better lda's:)

There is no safe distance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8812 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Server Online

Originally posted by Tarcoon

Strange - the flux.ini shows your MjrT EO b2 server name again, I've played with Tarcoon EO f -

You have to change it like it says in the .doc at the bottom of page 3/ top of page 4.

no changes in maps or packages have survived.

Don't understand?

How is it possible, the "first dedicated server modified" flux.ini to be recreated?

If you changed it when the game (or server) was still running it would be overwritten by the values in memory when the game is closed. Same could happen if the game crashed. Change the server name before you start a game, start the SP game quit it and then start again. After that the flux.ini will be set.

I have a possibility to play on a dedicated server via LAN on my single computer. It's easier to collect some needed stuff for my tug.
Is it possible to decide wich pods show up?
Is a better autorepair podable? Guess not - but maybe?

I may install future trader to buy better lda's:)

The pods are generated randomly, so you can't select which ones. They are however generated randomly from a group: Avionics equipment (like LDS class 2 and 3) is generated at the pirate stash thats in the asteroids (the stash location is random too but will always be somewheres in the asteroid field).

Auto Repair belongs to the weapons group. You'll find those at the weapons plant.

If you can't find a better LDS or Auto Repair we could trade:

Do you have a rapid fire PBC for a LDS class2? If not, what would you have to offer for one? Whats your offer for a Autorepair 3?
If the price is right I could stop by your server (a trade game) with what you're looking for :D

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8832 by Tarcoon
Ha - that's fun.

I started a new game with jafs mod+colossus:p and no launch mod and repair ship mod (for disruptors).

I've got some rapid pbc's for my gunbabes.
I'd like to get LDS 3, Signalmask 2, two combat LDA's, and a better ship - PatCom please:D.
two quadpack launchers
some of the nice stuff for the engines, hard to translate[^]

What do I offer?

Are you interested in some mood stabilizers or some real food?:D
Maybe hullplates? Is it possible to take a Gatling from the inventory as a pod with me? Never tried this.
You may get two gunships (turrets)- each 1500 credits worth.
If I have to, I'll offer one of those incredible valuable rapid pbc's + ammunition:D - ok - I'll keep the ammo.
I could offer a LDS 2 - I have two of them - because the "Oregon" script showed up twice.

It would be fair to demand some of the exotic stuff (but from Hoffers Wake please) - I'll try to get it and trade it with you.
And I'll be honest - no savegames from act4 in use!!;)

Hhm - guess I could trade the stuff with my own savegame:D

- to answer some comments/questions:
Maybe I changed some flux lines with a running server. I'll have to read these instructions again.

Finished for today - have a hard early job to do tomorrow[|)]

More
20 years 2 months ago #8843 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Tarcoon

Is it possible to take a Gatling from the inventory as a pod with me? Never tried this.

Yep, you can take a gatling with you in a pod. Also gatling ammo.
If you have blueprints you can even make gatling ammo (or other stuff like seeker missiles, ect.) and take your own products to MP and trade.

And I'll be honest - no savegames from act4 in use!!;)

Hhm - guess I could trade the stuff with my own savegame:D

You mean trade stuff from one game (already in act 4) with a newly started game via the MP trade game on the same computer?

It is possible, but kinda tricky to do.
I'll let you figure out how to do it by yourself (because that would be a sort of unintended Exploit.
Besides, real trading, with someone else, live and online, is more fun anyhow.

I'll check my inventory and see what I've got to meet your shopping list. I really do need a second Rapid Fire PBC for my tug. (because I've given one each to my otherwise ammo waisting, trigger-happy gunbabes too.)

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8881 by Tarcoon
Okay - you'll get that rapid fire pbc.
Something else?

Did you check your inventory?

More
20 years 2 months ago #8884 by MajorTom
How About:

1 Combat LDA
1 Meteor LDA
1 shield synchronizer
1 shield booster
1 Auto repair 4

Sorry, don't have a Signal Mask 3 to spare, Would you go for:
1 Pack of ECM Decoys ? (or a pack of disruptors)

btw: I sent you a mail to your web.de account about a test I'd like to try. Did you get it?

Have Gun, Will Travel