Teamspeak and EOC MP

More
20 years 2 months ago #9020 by jumbo
Replied by jumbo on topic Teamspeak and EOC MP
I discovered that the EpicOL deinstal is not foolproof. What I had managed to do at some point was to use the epic deinsntaller on my what rocks installation. I then installed EpicOL played for a while and the tried to go back to standard multiplayer by deisntalling EpicOL, but there is are no ships or maps.

Ok so I know I am the fool here, so to redeem myself I figured out what happened.

The batch file will happily delete all the what rocks files even if there are no backups. I did a reinstal before I discovered the files were safe and sound in the what rocks backup folder.

What rocks will not do this because it does not remove all the epic files so the folders are not empty and cannot be removed.

I am hoping running the correct deinstaller fixes things. I know it was my goof up but it would be nice if the batch files checked the current installation before deleting anything.

Jumbo

<font color=gold>[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id=gold>
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.

<font color="gold">[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id="gold">
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
<b>It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.</b>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9021 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Teamspeak and EOC MP
Sorry about that Jumbo.
At the time of release I just didn't think about making the Epic online batch file foolproof in regards to what_rocksv2.

Fortunatly we're not totaly unprepaired because I've been expecting something like this to happen for some time now.
To help people to sort out the files I prepared a word document (with screenshots of the folders contents) that you can download here:
mjrtom.bei.t-online.de/bilder/MpFilesHelp.zip

Please let me know what you think of it as an interim instrument for cases like yours or if you have suggestions for improvement.

The plan is to incorporate both what_rocks and EpicOnl into one MP mod as soon as possible. For that though I will have to change the scripts so they don't allow destroyers to be used in the trade games. Then the whole thing, with probably around 6 MB, will have to be made avaliable as a new mod.
Changing a MP mod is rather complicated because everyone has to download the new version before anyone can play

Have Gun, Will Travel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.