High resolution models for EoC

More
18 years 3 months ago #18726 by Lepton
I am wondering if anyone has developed a set of hi-res models to replace the models in the standard game with a set of hi-res textures as well. I see threads here seeming to describe such work but I haven't seen a specific link or announcement of any complete product. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14786 by Shane
I'm not aware of such a project. Could you point out the threads?

More
18 years 3 months ago #14788 by cambragol
I toyed with creating hi-res textures, but stopped when I realised that the gains in detail were very minimal compared to the amount of time I was putting in. It would only be worthwhile for the player ships, and then only when oogling them form the outside for scenic screenshots.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14790 by Lepton
I was referring to the fun with .pso thread wherein at least it appear people were manipulating existing model or building them for scratch. I did not read the thread. I merely skimmed it visually, so I could be wrong about that.

More
18 years 2 months ago #14795 by Shane
Ah... there are numerous side projects which will require higher-detailed models. For instance, Hot4Darmat and Stephan Robertson run a paper modeling site for I-War ships (check it out at: http://www.ravenger.pwp.blueyonder.co.u ... l/news.htm ). That's what many of the more detailed models are for. I've a little project of my own, but am keeping it under wraps for now.

I agree with Cambragol. Building higher poly models for EoC itself is problematic. There is a limit to how many polys the convertor can accept, and that creates a bottleneck. And the workaround (sectioning models into many pieces) is a bit of a pain. Besides... the current models look pretty good as is. :D

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #15147 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic High resolution models for EoC
Back again.

Not all of them. There are some turrets witch can do with some work (currently working on it). Just for fun I made a Storm Petrel a bit more detailed than the original and only 3 objects of less than 800 polys each. If someone can help me with the textures I think I can create some higher polygon ships. Also I still haven’t found something that can convert models in .low format. Images of the ship model can be found here

community.webshots.com/photo/404 ... 0636FcGKre

When a boss says “Go!� the leader says “Let’s move out!�

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”