Just bought Barbarella on DVD :)

More
19 years 3 months ago #18325 by Second Chance
I haven't seen this movie in forever! What a great trip, I love the idea of a spaceship with wall-to-wall shag carpeting. Does anyone remember the almost unpronouncable "secret password", LOL. Jane Fonda and Anita Pallenberg were really hot back then!

I highly recommend this film to anyone who enjoys sexy, whimsical 60's sci-fi. Or, if you just want to learn what Duran Duran really means. :D

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12193 by Second Chance
Aw, c'mon guys. Am I the only one who liked this movie?

Ok, if not that, then how about Starchaser: The Legend of Orin? That was pretty cool too. If they bring that out on dvd I'm poised to buy it. It started off a little slow, but once Orin escaped from the mine world it got really cool, really fast. It was also, I believe, one of the first films ever to include 3D animation.

It was also originally filmed in 3D, to be watched with those funky red and blue glasses. (For you trivia buffs.)

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 3 months ago #12208 by Hot4Darmat
Hell, I loved Barbarella! I've got a thing for trashy B-movie 50s and 60s sci fi camp. If I ever get my own spaceship, I'm getting it shag carpeted wall to wall. I loved the flipping thingy computer wall, but could do without the uber queen computer voice nagging me all the time. I wrote a long post about all my genre faves, even ones that most would be embarrassed to admit they love (like Spacetruckers) with camp being a main common element. I lost the whole thing before I could post it (Damn I hate it when that happens). I'll keep this post short, but affirm that you're not alone in your affections for this movie. The sight of those little sharp metal-teethed mordacious dolls still creeps me out.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 3 months ago #12210 by Second Chance
Yay! I'm not alone! :D

What's great about movies like that, with scenes like the snapping doll scene, are that they happen without the slightest attempt to explain what the hell is going on.

btw - I had an old custom hot-rod van with full shag interior, little heart-shaped side bubble windows over the full sized bed with zebra striped blankets. It was a love shack on wheels. It was awsome. [}:)]

Oh, and I used to pretend it was a spaceship. . . .Come on, let's go Space Truckin'!