tag alongs?

More
20 years 5 months ago #8026 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic tag alongs?
Hoffer will stop camping at ur base if u trigger the "Assault the marauder base" Mission.

There's only One oF us GetTing out HeRe aNd it w0nt be mE

~C.C. Rocks~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #8031 by Mav
Replied by Mav on topic tag alongs?
The most common bugs for me are:

- Marauders don't even LDS away. There can be one guy left, with one very faded red bar left, but full LDS, capsule, thrusters, and cockpit, and the guy will just coast into space and do nothing.

- Marauder goes into LDS, I follow, Marauder flies tight circles in LDS and then just dissapears.

- Marauder goes into LDS, I follow, Marauder flies right into a planet/moon/star. My favorite.

- Marauder goes into LDS, I follow, Marauder just keeps going into space forever, and doesn't do anything or go anywhere.

- Marauder goes into LDS, I follow, Marauder eventually dissapears from space yet my autopilot still has a formate lock. My ship does LDS in random directions and my game eventually crashes.

And then there are a bunch of smaller one-timer bugs, plus occasional other annoyances like stations hostiling me while I try to fight marauders during an attack, or stupid independent ships ramming into me and triggering my Aggressor, along with a very pissed-off Cruiser that is 100km away (they never stop coming no matter how many you destroy).

More
20 years 5 months ago #8033 by Mav
Ok I think I understand what is going on. When a Marauder runs away, it actually doesn't fly to anywhere. The Marauder is just later removed from the game. I can't simply follow any marauder that runs away, because it will just dissapear. I have to chase after a specific marauder that has been scripted to run away to an L-Point and jump through it.

I'm pretty sure that this specific marauder is the one that will LDS away because his buddies are destroyed, not because I am tearing up his ship. Forcing this kind of behavior won't work well with distress calls, so I'm going to have to find a station that can kill Marauders slow enough to let one run away.

More
20 years 5 months ago #8034 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic tag alongs?
Try this: go to a distress call, do not fight the Marauders. Simply watch as they tear a freighter up and wait for them to leave, then follow them.

The distress calls are the scripted event you're after.

<edit> Oops. Forgot. This only works if the distress call is from a certain system. You have to determine which system the Marauders are operating from. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge :D: Remember the email which delt with the information on the freighter used by the Marauders to create super-large LDSi fields?

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 5 months ago #8040 by Mav
I waited for the marauders to leave after assaulting a station, and I got the mission completed. I was on a roll up till Dante's inferno. I was at the very end of the mission, had all the capital ships destroyed exept for one cruiser, it was about to go down and then WHAM. Critical ship destroyed: Pegasus. Mission failed.

What the hell?? Since when was I supposed to look out after this ship? I love this game and all but 90% of mission failures are due because of this complete vagueness over each mission. And other annoying things like when you destroy the disruptor generator, it doesn't stop charging untill after the death animation is complete. I've never seen myself complete and fail a mission objective before. :(!

Edit: I can never figure something out untill I go ahead and ask a question about it, THEN I figure it out. How typical of me. :D