i-war 1 combat help

More
19 years 4 months ago #18314 by Hopeless_piolt
Ive play I-war2 now i am starting to play 1 and have found the corvette harder to fly then even the tug. i need help badly i am haveing a hard time on the training missions. I am stuck on the mission where you have to put crates through the hopper in a 3 minutes. i have tried and skip the training and i have found combat hard(I need more then 1 pbc). any tips are appreciated

Cool Whip

Cool Whip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12074 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic i-war 1 combat help
The major problem I have is that the lateral thrusters are on awkward key combinations. This isnt so bad with the patch installed, which adds a second toggle on the s key, which is marginaly more useful than the \ key. Also, said patch allows you to rebind keys to your preference, sadly a Iwar2-like layout is not possible since that s key is hardcoded (Why? Oh why?) and corresponds with reverse thrust.

Also, the autopilots suck . They can't hold formation, at all. The dock autopilot takes ages. The approach autopilot dosent use always LDS when it really should.

For the mission your on, you really do not need to be very accurate at all, so just accelerate the pod to about 500m/s, make sure your trajectory goes through the center of the hopper, drop it and immediately turn back for the next one. Fly to the next one by hand and only use the dock autopilot at the last minute.

As for combat, your weapons are more effective while your in the WEP station (F3). You will automaticaly switch between forward and aft PBCs, which gives you that much more firepower if you exploit it. In a head on, overshoot deliberately, fire your aft PBC, and you should land a shot at near point blank right where his shields dont cover. Then pitch over and close to finish him. Free flight mode should be used against a group, since it allows you to evade that much more effectively. ANd dont forget you have manual countermeasures as well as autos. (either delete key)

For the final weapon training, you will need to use rapid PBC mode (enter key) and close to point blank range. Stay out of his fire arcs (this mission really forces you to learn lateral thruster usage) and ignore the mines, they wont knock you out of the mission before you can win it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.