What do you think? [SPOILER]

More
22 years 1 month ago #17308 by DR Congo
Wow! I've finished.

I enjoyed the game. I thought it was great, but I also found it very disappointing in many respects.

PCgamer UK awarded it 85% and I think that's about right.

I've written a couple of paragraphs on what I didnt like about the game, I havent posted it because taken as a whole it seems a little negative and it's a negativity I didnt really feel while playing the game. So I thought I'd gauge your reactions first.

Were there parts of the game you didnt like? If you had have been in charge of the EOC project what would you have done differently?

Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lopez are both beautiful girls. If you had the choice and of course you don't. Which one would you shag first? What if I were to offer a Halle Berry option?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 month ago #967 by Guerrilla Warfare
Well the only thing that bothers me are some mission scripts and a few minor bugs. I had to restart the game once cause of that damn High Noon mission. As long as you have access to the Internet and you can go to sites like this and get tips or solutions to your problems it's not that big of a deal. I believe the game support is very good since there are particle systems employees on the forums helping everybody out. So yeah the game has a few problems but in my opinion they don't make it any worse and overall it really is a great game, and very beautiful to look at.

Angelina Jolie!!
(and not cause of the Lara Croft thing anybody who likes her just cause of that is lame -no offense)

Edited by - Guerrilla Warfare on 23 Mar 2002 05:16:04

More
22 years 1 month ago #972 by DR Congo
Yeah I agree with most of that. Some of the story towards the end of the game got a little convoluted for my liking.

The final mission in the red stuff was very dissappointing. Auto piloting around zapping pink lights was a very uninspired way to finish up.
Where was the 20 minute ferocious final battle with Maas and his troops? I feel I was cheated out of victory by this lame finale and the outro cutting in preventing me killing him personally.

The last minute storyline addition of the alien bits was very weak. The earlier tie in at the end of Hoffers Wake was not a sufficient plot developer. Besides, your war was with Caleb, this is all you needed. Aliens are another episode surely?

The Jolie thing. In the tomb raider film she looked a bit wide in the hip. Jennifer Lopez's feet and legs always look a bit dirty and sweaty but I'd still go for her.

More
22 years 1 month ago #1046 by Guerrilla Warfare
Dude what about Kylie Minogue? Not that I listen to her music but I just saw her dance and man is she hot or what? If ya like petite women that is...

Sorry but I had to say it!

More
22 years 1 month ago #1085 by DR Congo
It must be terrible to be an American and not have Kylie's bum plastered all over the daily papers every day. It certainly brightens up my day.

Years ago everyone hated Kylie, now she's like a Goddess sorta.

More
22 years 1 month ago #1122 by Guerrilla Warfare
Well I just finished the game too and there's just one more thing I'd like to add to the list of things I didn't like and that's the overall lack of difficulty cause of the weak AI. I had a hard time at the beginning of the game cause I wasn't used to the physics yet but after that no battles were very challenging. I think there's something wrong when I can go up against 10 corvettes or so and destroy them all with my hull never going below 60%.
Also, cruisers were ridiculously easy to destroy. A single corvette with a single cutting beam shouldn't be able to destroy any kind of cruiser. It's just wrong.
And like DR Congo said what was up with the last mission? Where's the challenge when you just fly around destroying those dumb aliens who don't even try to shoot back?
But like I always say, despite all this, the story kicks ass and it really is a great game and one of the very best games I've ever played. Congrats to everyone who worked on it.
I'm gonna go ahead and try the Elite mod now and see if I can survive.

When's I-War 3 coming out? :D

-One more thing: What's up with Jafs the mega-wimp getting so much attention, not to mention the girls? What twisted mind thought of this?

--
Viva la revolucion!

Edited by - Guerrilla Warfare on 28 Mar 2002 06:47:28