What do you think? [SPOILER]

More
22 years 1 month ago #1133 by DR Congo
Yes, It had a reverse difficulty curve. As you say it's tough at the start due to inexperience and a lack of weaponry. As the game goes on it just gets too easy. All of Act3 was far too simple.

I didnt like all the OTT cliches in Act2. Old Blackfever the pirate with his westcountry accent. "Oim the most feared poirot in arl the galaxy"....What? Get a grip Youre living next door to the third way mate.

What about old Sherriff "boy howdy" riding out to protect the 'homesteads' with his 'posse'

Did you notice that the Muslims of Kompira are still using terrorist tactics. Their "struggle" against the "oppressors". I wouldnt want to be living in the Santa Romera with these crazies still on the loose.

This is definately one of the best games Ive ever played too. However I think that elements like these do nothing to improve the game at all. Quite the opposite in my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 4 weeks ago #1138 by -vipe-
Replied by -vipe- on topic What do you think? [SPOILER]
i-war2 got 97% in the Finnish Pelit magazine and I think it deserved every %. Yeah there's some issues with mission scripts and whatnot, but in the end it's a truly awesome experience.

More
22 years 4 weeks ago #1139 by DR Congo
Yes

More
22 years 4 weeks ago #1141 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic What do you think? [SPOILER]
The game has some minor problems, but is the best free-form space simulation I've ever played (and I've been playing these games since "Elite" [the old 1985 space sim, not the mod]) EoC has a superb engine, realistic physics (mostly), and some great moments too.The aliens may not have been that strong...but those were some of the best "alien-threat" sound effects I've ever heard in a game. Returning from Hoffer's rescue and hearing thoses things at your back...that was great. The missions were original as well, and required a good bit of thinking.