Corporate Holdings error

More
16 years 5 months ago #19037 by Sephryn
After I finish the battle and try to return to Mwari, the game crashes. Any ideas?

No Pity for the Corporations!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #16706 by Sephryn
Replied by Sephryn on topic Corporate Holdings error
The mission seems to have corrected itself if you can call it that. After letting the freighters thru the Dadga LP I set my auto-pilot to home. I didn't crash my game. I flew back to the back door LP and went thru. No mines even though Clay said there were and no ships either. I went back thru to the back door Waypoint. I hung out for a minute when all 4 Freighters came thru! Funny since I lost one and there were 3 on the prior attempt in Dadga.

Since this has happened I've reinstalled the patch and Jackson's Yard patch. I have also read that you need to fly thru the back door LP manually.

No Pity for the Corporations!

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #20120 by Svurk
Recently started running the game on a Windows 10 system. The mission "Corporate Holdings" crashed over and over shortly after the freighters appeared. Scanned the forum for solutions.

First I changed the buffer settings in flux.ini to
use_w_buffer = 0
use_static_buffers = 1

did not help...

I changed the EdgeOfChaos executable to Win98 compatibility for all users

did not help...

I disabled both sound units (apparently I have two for some reason)
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
and
VIA HD Audio (Win 10)

then the game would not even start...

I enabled only the VIA HD Audio (Win 10) unit (Keeping NVIDIA High Definition Audio disabled)

This enabled me - on my particular system - to complete the mission "Corporate Holdings" without a crash.
Perhaps someone else might find this useful.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #20121 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Corporate Holdings error
What I do is use Massacre mod on the enemies, then formate with the freighters to go out with them. If you destroy the enemies before the crash, then it won't crash until after the freighters have jumped out. So jump out with them.
This has worked on my current computer, as well as 4 others.

Also, welcome to the forum! o/ Mind the cobwebs...

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Svurk

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #20131 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic Corporate Holdings error
IronDuke, what does the Massacre mod do? I didn't find it in the mod list here on the site.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #20133 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Corporate Holdings error
You're right! :blink: It's not on the site's main download page. Turns out I got it from the Independent Trading Post: www.i-war2.com/oldmainpage/wetwired/ You'll want to click on Tune Ups.
It kills all red ships within 50km with a single button press. :whistle:
However, they are not added to your kills list.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)